Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Construction of Structures Begins



In order to make sure the parking lots were correct I needed to construct a few of the basic structures I had planned for the layout.

As much of the layout is rural, I planned only a few structures in the two urban areas of Winslow & Flagstaff, AZ.

Winslow is hosting the freight yards, so I had planned on a freight office and warehouse structure. In Flagstaff I needed a passenger depot and a small freight facility (mostly for mail & packages carried on the Super Chief). I also may add some track side buildings to the freight yard entrance.

For the kits I chose the Cornerstone series from Walthers. They have a significant inventory of quality kits in N scale and they make reasonable projects for the intermediate model builder.

No comments: