Monday, January 7, 2008

Waterfall Done and Track Ballast Begins



Well, the layout is really starting to take shape. I finished the waterfall and river, along with some preliminary landscaping.

Parker helped me "plant" the bushes in the foreground just below the mainline track.

I also have completed some of the track ballast application. The main yard by the passenger station is completed, as well as the mainline track under the foot of the mountain.

I am now researching the best way to create the scenic backdrop which will run along two sides of the layout to simulate the distant visuals on the horizon. The most common way to do this is to just paint a scene on the backdrop. My fear, however, is that my lack of painting talent may ruin the look of my modeling. If my sister were here, she could do a terrific job.

No comments: